Monday, October 22, 2007

our last weekend

manuel antonio (aka never never land), picture taken by rachel from the national park


we ventured all the way out to manuel antonio, a big town on the pacific coast. its a big tourist spot because of the huge national park there, which we actually did check out. we saw some screeching monkeys, a mysterious unidentified animal, and what looked like an inflated rat.
we also spent a fair amount of time at the beach. some of the boys in our group learned how to surf while the rest of us just lounged around (and shopped).

today i brought twister to play with my kids. they had a hard time figuring out which hand is right and which is left, but we had fun nonetheless. we spent the rest of the day drawing and playing with clay. i've grown accustomed to sitting my kids down after lunch and reading them a story, so they rest a little. today while i was reading in the living room i looked over at the kitchen table and saw my tia sat down and had fallen asleep. i didn't wake her until my bus came to get me and i had to leave. i mean, she's the one who really needed the rest.

right now, a few of us are sitting in the common room editing the english tests from a local high school for grammar and spelling mistakes before they are administered. i'm also drinking this green drink that's supposed to cleanse my system and nourish my body. when i finish the editing and the foul-tasting drink, rachel and i are planning on walking around ciudad quasada a little to explore and to shop.

3 comments:

David said...

Good thing you're checking grammer and not speling.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Lauren K said...

Jeremy gave me your blog. I am so proud of you! What an amazing experience. Keep the blogs coming. Enjoy yourself and as I tell my kids - "Be safe, be smart and be happy!"We miss you.
JK's mom

Anonymous said...

my mo is so silly but who isn't in the kohlenbrener family. You would be the sweet girl and let your tia sleep haha have fun miss you tons.
Jeremy Bear