Thursday, October 11, 2007

i heart my tia


my tia is truly a wonderful woman. she opens her house up every day to mother 9 children under the age of 5, thereby enabling their mothers to work. during the week she cooks every meal for them (from scratch), cleans up after them, changes them (the littlest ones at least)... ect., ect., ect., for close to nothing. this all wouldn't impress me half as much as it does if she didn't treat each child like he/she was her own. it took about a week before she was mothering me too (shes worried i don't eat enough so she tries feeding me 20 times throughout the day).
whenever she has a spare minute we talk, which is difficult and frustrating because it requires time, patience, and my handy-dandy dictionary. its always worth it though and i feel like -despite my toddler level vocabulary- we've really gotten to know each other.

once i leave, the kids will probably forget all about me in no time, but my tia already wants me to promise her i'll visit. i told her today after i'm done with school and after i've made enough money, i want to come back to visit her. her response was (roughly translated) "with a husband and kids, right?"

1 comment:

David said...

When you go to visit, can I come??